American Electric Power Planner Prin in Aline, Oklahoma
Note: This position can be located at any of the the following Wind Farms... Maverick, Traverse and Sundance. The successful candidate will travel between these 3 Wind farms.
Functions as a leader and mentor for the planning team. Leads the planning development of detailed work plans and outage plans. Develop plans by establishing measurable goals, objectives and requirements relative to specific area of responsibility. Establishes critical path, outage and maintenance work plans. Determine required labor both internal and external. Exhibits advanced level of proficiency in the planning function Work Management System(s) Reporting Tool ' Business Objects, Primavera (P6) required to leading and participating in outage / project assignments in a safe, healthy, efficient and economical manner. Ability to develop schedules along with updating and produce reports out of the scheduling software. Plan and manage unit scheduled and/or forced outages, establishes work scopes based on previous outage inspection reports, predictive, preventative maintenance, lessons learned, facility health reports, long range planning and NDE test results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Establish schedule to outline critical path and balance of plant work. Must promote the safe, efficient, reliable, operation of the plant.
2) Work with maintenance and daily planner to establish work packages. Match labor expertise to specific jobs.
3) Utilize Business Objects applicable reports to track outage cost.
4) Assist with part orders to ensure material in on site 30 days prior to outage. Assist in establishing Indus Contracts/Releases for all outage venders.
5) Hold pre-outage meetings in accordance to OMG-001 Generation Guidelines or plant outage management team desired timeline. Work with supervisors to order long lead time parts for next outage and maintains a list of outstanding material / equipment with estimated delivery dates and owners.
6) Assist maintenance with the completion of PDS justifications for outage projects. Complete risk analysis for projects. Prepares Capital Excellence presentations. Initiate CI's and maintains LRP.
7) Provide work direction to daily planners as assigned.
8) Organizes and conducts planning meetings covering the estimating, planning ,and scheduling of assigned outage / projects with applicable company and contract personnel.
9) Proficient with development input necessary to establish projected costs of assigned outages / projects. (Estimating)
10) Proficient in preparing detailed work plans on assigned outage and maintenance work outage / project assignments.
11) Proficient in Work Management Systems and Business Objects.
12) Complete lessons learned after each outage and or major project.
13) Proficient in use of applicable Scheduling Software. Proficient scheduling techniques for budgeting and planning activities.
14) Produce final outage plans on assigned outages / projects.
15) Prepares and analyzes reports.
16) Proficient in the use of various contracting methods.
17) Advises management of man power deficiencies based on work planning results and provides recovery plans as possible solutions.
18) Confirms lessons learned and best in fleet safety practices have been integrated into work planning activities.
19) Perform other duties as assigned.
Auto req ID:
Education requirements are listed below:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical related field or 7 years of maintenance related experience.
Work Experience requirement listed below:
An additional 12 years of work related experience in outage / project planning, outage / project field work activities and / or plant operations; or equivalent education / work experience.
Physical demand level is Sedentary
Must have the ability to read and understand technical documentation, write technical reports in a clear and concise manner, communicate both in writing and verbally with craft and management personnel, possesses organizational skills necessary to maintain files and documentation related to the position, and work in a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets