American Electric Power IT Enterprise Architect in Columbus, Ohio
IT Enterprise Architect
This specific role will oversee the portfolio architecture for a large program of work across multiple teams and multiple years. AEP's Customer Information Transformation program consists of 3 phases of work over the next 5-7 years, focused on replacing our core CIS mainframe system and other critical business applications with a modern technology platform. Working independently the IT Architect Enterprise ensures cross-domain interoperability and defines the IT architectural strategy. This position is responsible for complex, large-scale assignments spanning multiple functional areas with high corporate impact and risk. The IT Architect Enterprise quickly grasps new concepts/technologies and rapidly transforms ideas into practical solutions, implementing complete business architecture, including business strategy, capabilities, process, knowledge, and organizational views aligned with technology strategy. This position requires expert communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills. Also required is an excellent mixture of technical and business skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, including mentoring and providing functional/technical leadership and work direction to staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Examine and evaluate current business processes and tasks and develop ideas for improvement.
2) Convert knowledge and ideas into better ways of doing business or into new or improved products and services.
3) Review, evaluate, and recommend new technologies.
4) Formulate actions and processes to support the defined short and long-term goals and objectives of the business unit and organization.
5) Ensure alignment to AEP's supported technology stack with all provided solutions.
6) Review and approve technology artifacts planned to ensure that the product or services produced are according to specifications and that they are sufficiently sustainable.
7) Prepare resource estimates, evaluations, and recommendations.
8) Identify, control, and manage the impact of uncertain harmful technology events on the project and the project deliverables.
9) Use diagrams to help discover, communicate, and understand the problem being solved and develop the software solution.
10) Use patterns as a fundamental structural organization schema for software systems.
11) Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company's Corporate Compliance Policy.
12) Understand and support the policies, values, principles, structure, and behavior of AEP.
13) Promote continuous improvement within the project team(s).
14) Demonstrate a deep knowledge of traditional and cloud technologies and architectures
15) Experience leading large, high-profile projects
16) TOGAF certification preferred
17) Will be responsible for the overall architectural strategy and high - level design of the program, including technology roadmaps
Auto req ID:
Education requirements are listed below:
Bachelor's degree in computer science
OR Associate's degree in computer science with two years of architecture-related experience
OR high school diploma/GED with four years' architecture-related experience.
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Typically fifteen or more years of architecture or related experience (in addition to any experience identified above).
Required License(s)/Certification(s) are listed below:
- Certification in technology relevant to position preferred.
Preferred candidates will have a proven track record of success replacing core, homegrown business applications such as a CIS system or other business applications of similar complexity as well as success integrating multiple packaged software applications with legacy on prem applications. Experience with Oracle on-prem and cloud applications is a plus as well.
The successful candidate will have both waterfall and agile methodology experience and will demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
This role will be part of the program leadership team and will provide guidance and oversight to a matrixed group of solution architects working across various technologies and platforms. The successful candidate will demonstrate partnership and collaboration with peer leaders across the technical and business teams.
Proven collaboration with vendor partners both from a program implementation perspective as well as technical collaboration. Demonstrate expertise related to accountability and decision-making frameworks and experience with the lean management system and visual management style is also a plus.
Experience in Utilities, Customer Information Systems, legacy application transformation, and highly-integrated large portfolio architecture a plus.
Physical demand level is Sedentary
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets