American Electric Power Building Maint Tech-B or Building Maint Tech A in Roanoke, Virginia
Building Maint Tech-B or Building Maint Tech A
This single vacancy is posted in more than one grade level and will be filled based on commensurate education and/or relevant experience. The description is written at the intermediate level and expectation increase at the Technician A level.
**The successful candidate must live or be willing to relocate (at their own expense) within 30 minutes of the John W. Vaughan Service Center located at 1800 Loch Haven Rd. Roanoke, VA 24019.
Under general supervision perform skilled work involving the operation, maintenance, repair, alteration and additions to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical building systems, building furnishings and site improvements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Assist in performing preventative/predictive maintenance on, troubleshooting, repairing, installing and operating various types of HVAC-related equipment, emergency generators, and general building mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in accordance with industry standards and mechanical, electrical, plumbing and building codes.
2) Perform general building maintenance and repair related to drywall, masonry, painting, ceilings, roofing, tile, carpets, windows and other related items.
3) Monitor the work of and/or assist others, including contractors, engaged in maintenance, construction and operation activities. Ensure work is completed in compliance with contract terms and conditions and in accordance with company safety, security, environmental and conduct rules.
4) Perform general housekeeping duties as required, such as, assemble, move, repair, hang and adjust furniture, wall hangings, doors, windows and other office items, assist in snow removal, storm damage cleanup, lawn maintenance, spill cleanup, inventory management.
5) Procure necessary quality parts and material in the most economical and accepted manner, with guidance from supervisor.
6) Maintain records, including inspection documentation, and submit reports as required.
Auto req ID:
Building, Grounds & Facilities Maintenance
Education requirements are listed below:
- High school diploma or GED required.
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Minimum one (1) year relevant experience in HVAC, electrical, plumbing or carpentry.
Required License(s)/Certification(s) are listed below:
- Must possess and maintain a valid state drivers' license. Successful completion of the Construction and Skilled Trades test (CAST) .
Physical demand level is Medium
1) Electrician or HVAC license or CFC refrigerant certification preferred. Must be willing to pursue the certification. 2) Building Maint Techs: will be required to obtain UST class A, B, and C operator certification. 3) Overtime required. Overnight travel may be required. In addition, scheduled as well as unscheduled, weekend and evening shift work may be required. Will be expected to respond to emergency call out work. 4) Requires working indoors and outdoors in all weather. 5) Requires the ability to utilize a computer. REQUIREMENTS ' PHYSICAL DEMANDS: List any physical demands required for this job 1) Constant standing; frequent walking; occasional pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, squatting, kneeling. 2) This position requires lifting, moving and carrying equipment up to and in excess of 50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets